INTERNAL STUDENTS ONLY
Computing & Media Services & Digital Innovation
Student Colleague - Student IT and Digital Ambassadors x 3
Salary: £9.17 per hour (+ 12% holiday pay)
This is an hourly paid position expected to be around 10 hours per week for each post, to be agreed on a rota basis (see hours to be covered below)
Marjon is a small University, with a strong sense of community, centred on student success. The University is committed to offering students employment opportunities whilst studying, as well as looking to provide graduate career pathways on finishing their studies. We aim to provide opportunity as well as practical support to students with the development of their employability skills on completion of their degrees.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 Student Colleague positions within the Computing and Media Services team, to complement three existing roles already in the department. This post will predominantly be based in the IT office or 24hr room, but the main focus of the role will be to work with the Academic team, in order to provide support and guidance around digital transformation.
As a student and Academic facing role, this post would be ideal for anyone with customer service experience. A good working knowledge of basic software such as Microsoft Office programmes and different browsers is essential. You will receive training on the job for all bespoke systems and software and will have plenty of opportunities to develop and learn whilst you work. You will be expected to assist Academic staff at the start of and during lectures and the creation of digital content and resources, including some training materials.
Flexibility is essential for this role as it needs to meet and support the requirements from Academic staff. You may also be required to work outside of term time.
Hours that need to be covered as a team: Monday - Friday: 08:30 - 17:00
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Peter Waterfield, IT Services and Infrastructure Manager on: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any guidance on preparing your application, then please contact the Futures team: email@example.com
Our Principles for Student Colleague Employment
• To provide as many employment opportunities to students as possible.
• To commit to re-developing teams and positions to create opportunities for students and graduates.
• To create a working environment where students are supported and part of the staff community
• To provide real world work experience, training and development.
• To support our student colleagues in exemplify our University values and behaviours
• To deal with our student colleagues in a fair, transparent and equitable way.
• To provide continual feedback throughout a student colleagues employment with the University to support their learning and development in the workplace.
• To ensure that our student colleagues adhere to our employment policies, practices and principles and ensure that issues are dealt with in line with those processes.
• Recognising that tackling any performance concerns or other issues, appropriately will aid the development of the student colleague.
We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’. Candidates who declare a disability and who demonstrate on their application that they meet the essential criteria will be included on the shortlist.
Closing date: Thursday 29 July 2021 (at Midnight)
Interview date: Monday 09 August 2021
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the University’s online application form.To access the form and for further details please visit the University’s job website: https://jobs.marjon.ac.uk/