Globalink Research Internship is a competitive Canadian internship programme that gives UK undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct research abroad as part of their degree
Please note: the call for student applications for the summer of 2022 will open in August 2021.
The fully funded scheme offers successful candidates from participating countries a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to carry out a 12-week summer internship at a Canadian university. Internships take place in summer 2022 and interns will work on a research project of their choice, under the supervision of a Canadian professor.
The scheme is collectively funded by Mitacs and the UK for a total of 40 places. All students submitting an application to the scheme must be nominated by their university. Please see eligibility requirements on the website .
Benefits to participants
Those who apply for the Globalink Research Internship will have the chance to:
- participate in an internationally reputable, competitive, and fully funded mobility opportunity in Canada in the summer of 2022;
- develop research expertise with top professors at cutting-edge Canadian institutions with outstanding research facilities;
- enhance vital skills for the workplace, including research skills, critical and creative thinking, cultural awareness, and developing a global outlook,
- take part in professional training covering areas such as teamwork, project management, problem solving, communication, and entrepreneurship;
- interact with companies of interest through tours or individual meetings;
- experience one-of-a-kind educational, social, and recreational opportunities, as well as become part of an international alumni community;
- become eligible for the Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.