Leisure Assistant x4
1.0 FTE / 35 Hours per Week
Grade 2, £16,735.00 - £17,361.00
Marjon is a small University, with a strong sense of community, centred on student success.
We believe that each staff member contributes directly to the University’s growth and success, with our values at the heart of everything we do. We believe that diversity provides the talent and contribution that delivers the greatest impact on our continuing success and realising every individual’s potential.
Applications are invited for the post of Leisure Assistant to work as part of a team to assist, monitor and supervise customers in the Marjon Sports Centre, with specific responsibilities in lifeguarding, setting up sporting activities and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• To promote sport, health and wellbeing and to lifeguard and prepare facilities within the Sport Centre.
• To ensure the health and safety of swimmers through vigilant supervision of the swimming pool in line with the Normal Operating Plan and Emergency Action Plan.
• To supervise the gym to ensure members are following the gym code of conduct.
• To ensure that all facilities are operational and maintained in accordance with all current legislation and statutory requirements, this may include some heavy lifting.
• To set up and dismantle equipment as required. Ensuring that facilities are prepared and ready for bookings to run during allocated time slots.
• To occupy the help desk and deliver excellent customer service.
• You will require a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or have the ability/willingness to obtain within first 3 months.
• A YMCA Level 2 fitness instructor and experience of working in a sports centre/health club would be beneficial but is not essential.
• Enthusiastic and passionate about higher education in general and Marjon specifically.
• Calm, and able to use your own initiative.
• Good at communicating with others and comfortable working as part of a team.
• Willing to be flexible around working hours, involving evening and/or weekend working.
The University really is a great place to work, with 94% of staff agreeing in our most recent staff survey. Our Total Reward Package includes competitive salaries, generous Pension Schemes and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses and a range of activities under ‘Balance’ our staff health and wellbeing scheme.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Victoria Bowden, Sports Centre Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’. Candidates who declare a disability and who demonstrate on their application that they meet the essential criteria will be included on the shortlist.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis, and we will be in contact if we are interested in your application as soon as possible.
Closing date: Sunday 11 July 2021 (at Midnight)
Interview date: To be confirmed
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the University’s online application form.To access the form and for further details please visit the University’s job website: https://jobs.marjon.ac.uk/