To all students
This weekend there will be a power outage on campus, which will affect access to all of our IT systems. The outage will last from about 4pm on Friday 25th August through to Tuesday morning, around 9am.
What will it mean?
- 1. No access to any Marjon systems
- You will not be able to access any Marjon systems, including your university emails, Learning Space, turnitin, and your timetable.
- If you need to submit work, you will need to wait until Tuesday. If you experience any unanticipated issues as a result of the outage please contact email@example.com
- If you will need access to your calendar, or notes from any emails (such as reading lists or contact details) you will need to arrange to get this out of the system (print it, or forward to a personal email address) before Friday 4pm. Please note that it is not simply that your emails will not update: you will not be able to access old emails either during this time.
- There will be no website over this period.
- Staff will not be able to access student notes.
2. Main quad on campus affected
The outage affects the buildings around the main quad area.
- Wi-fi will be down across the entire campus.
- The shop will close at 3pm Friday and reopen on Tuesday morning.
- The Marjon Sport and Health Centre will still be open as normal.
- Accommodation is not affected.
With best regards,