Community News

Green Travel and Car parking Policy 2017 – 2018

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 10 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Christopher Rodham
Green Travel and Car parking Policy 2017 – 2018
by Christopher Rodham - Thursday, 1 June 2017, 1:40 PM

Dear Colleagues

I have attached a copy of the updated Policy. There are several minor changes to the policy and I have highlighted these below:

The cost of car parking has increased for the first time in four years.

1. Student permits will increase from £30.00 a term and £80.00 a year to £32.00 a term and £84.00 per year
  2. Staff on pay point F15 and below will increase from £107.00 per year to £112.00 per year
  3. Staff on pay point F16 and above will increase from £215.00 per year to £226.00 per year.
  4. Staff will still be able to pay monthly but the benefits of salary sacrifice have been withdrawn by HMRC.

The charge for Pay and Display will increase from £4.00 per day to £5.00 per day 

The charges in the Sports Centre car park remain unchanged.

The cost of the weekly Stagecoach Plymouth Zone bus ticket will increase from £4.00 to £6.00 for students. Staff will pay the face value of £11.70 for the same ticket.

The free use of the George Park and Ride will remain for staff and Students.

The car permit application system for the next academic will be available from the 1st of June. Please take this opportunity to submit your application early to avoid the rush in September.

If you require any further clarification about the policy do not hesitate to contact me

(Edited by David Franklin - original submission Thursday, 25 May 2017, 11:19 AM)

(Edited by David Franklin - original submission Thursday, 1 June 2017, 1:39 PM)