Harrow Hong Kong seeks to employ a Graduate Gap Tutor to make a significant contribution to its
Physical Education department and enhance the life of an ‘all through’ School, which has a strong
boarding ethos in the Upper School This full-time role will involve supporting teaching curriculum
Physical Education across the full age range in the School and making a strong contribution to the
School’s comprehensive, diverse extra-curricular sports programme.
Since the School opened in September 2012, there has been a thriving Gap Tutor programme for preuniversity
School leavers. Six pre-university Gap Tutors are appointed every year and are assigned to,
and accommodated in, a Prep boarding House. They are expected to contribute effectively to the life
of their boarding House as well as making a broad contribution, dependent on their interests and
abilities to supporting the teaching and extra-curricular programmes in the School.
This new appointment will have a specific focus on providing support for the Physical Education
department and would suit a graduate with a strong sporting background, who would like to gain
experience in a high performing school environment.
Duties and responsibilities
The specific list of duties and responsibilities would be tailored to fit the skills and interests of the
successful candidate, but would be expected to include:
- Supporting members of staff in teaching Physical Education lessons across the age range in the School. Currently, Physical Education is taught throughout the Pre-Prep School, the Prep School and in Y9 in the Senior School as a core subject, and as an option choice at IGCSE.
2. Making an effective contribution to the extra-curricular sports programme. Depending on the sporting interests and abilities of the successful candidate, helping to run coaching sessions for School sports teams and managing home and away inter-school sports fixtures.
3. Undertaking administrative tasks as directed by the Director of Sport to aid the smooth day to - day running of the Physical Education department.
While the primary focus of this role will be in the Physical Education department, there will be
opportunities for the successful candidate to play roles in other aspects of the School’s life.
The School will provide:
- All necessary documentation, including a training visa for a non-permanent resident.
- Transport to and from Hong Kong at the beginning and end of the contract for an overseas appointment.
- Furnished accommodation in a 2-bedroom on-site apartment, which will be rent-free and with utilities bills paid by the School.
- A salary.
- Full private health insurance.
- All meals during the school day.
- Harrow Hong Kong sports kit.
- Access to the School’s computer facilities with an Apple Lap-Top on loan for the duration of the contract.
Closing Date: Monday 1st May 2017
The application form can be downloaded from
should send the completed application form together with a full CV by email to
stating state the job title and the reference code "HISHK/GA/201704"
in the subject of the email. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strict confidence
and used strictly for recruitment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All adults in the
School community are expected to follow its Child Protection procedures.