INTERNAL STUDENTS ONLY
Marketing, Communications & Student Recruitment
Student Ambassadors Salary: £8.00 per hour (+12% holiday pay)
Calling all first years
Do you want to gain work experience, whilst doing something that you are passionate about?
We are now recruiting for Student Ambassadors to work with our marketing and recruitment teams.
Join our team and you could be:
• Showing students and parents around campus, helping them to feel at home
• Attending careers fairs or UCAS fairs around the country
• Helping to run events on campus, gaining event management skills
• Mentoring students in local schools and encouraging them to think about University
• Using your skills in customer service, copywriting, photography, journalism…the list goes on
You must be:
• Enthusiastic and passionate about higher education in general and Marjon specifically
• Reliable and committed to the Student Ambassador Scheme
• Self-starting and able to work off your own initiative
In return you will get
• Great work experience and a glowing reference (if you’re good!)
• Training and one-on-one support
• Inspiring and rewarding work
• And a generous pay of £8.00 per hour, plus 12% holiday pay
Each individual job is offered to all of our Student Ambassadors, so at times when you are too busy or out on placement, simply choose not to respond to the work request. However, we do expect you to work a minimum of five hours within a three month period and once you are booked in for a job, we do expect your commitment by attendance.
Closing date: Friday 30 September 2016 at noon
Interview date: Early October 2016
Application Process and How to Apply
To apply for the position applicants are asked to complete the attached University application form.
For further details please refer to the attached job description.
Completed application forms can be returned electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Human Resources Office, University of St Mark & St John, Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH.