Dissertation Overview and Formatting Sessions
This is where you will learn how your dissertation should look before you take it to the Copy Shop.
You’ve sweated over the content; you don’t need to sweat over the formatting! This is also a highly transferable skill which can be used for any Word document.
These very popular interactive Formatting Sessions are student focussed and delivered by Mersedes Farjad (IT Training & Support) in collaboration with Helen Heywood (Academic Skills). They are designed to cover the use of Word Processing (Office package) to teach you how to apply the following to your dissertation:
- Overview and layout of the dissertation
- Use page breaks and section breaks to organise your document
- Use different formats of page numbering (normal numbers, Roman numerals, no page numbering) on the same document
- Apply and modify text styles for consistency and navigation
- Insert and update a table of contents
- Create the front cover
- Inserting and formatting tables and pictures
- Insert captions for figures/graphs and create table of contents for figures/graphs
- Sort the Reference list in alphabetical order
At the end of the session you will end up with a dissertation template ready to use and a Going for Gold stamp!
These sessions will be running from 16 January 2017.
Click here to book your session. Don’t forget you need to log-in.
Please note the sessions require 5 or more people to run. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, book early to avoid disappointment.