Community News

Message to all students from the Right Reverend Michael Perham, Chair of the Board of Governors

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 10 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Unity Stuart
Message to all students from the Right Reverend Michael Perham, Chair of the Board of Governors
by Unity Stuart - Tuesday, 6 December 2016, 1:20 PM

Dear students,

I am delighted to announce the appointment of Professor Rob Warner as the new Vice Chancellor of the University as of March 2017. I am sure he will build on the achievements of Professor Cara Aitchison and Dr Karen Cook in raising the profile and effectiveness of Marjon in a way that gives the university a bright future. The Appointment and Advisory Panels included student, staff, governors and external advisers. All were impressed with Professor Warner's leadership qualities, his ability to identify with Marjon, its values and its aspirations and we are confident that we shall see in Professor Warner a leader of an effective team of staff and governors for the next phase of the university's life.

Professor Warner has asked me to pass on the below message to you. The press release for this news is also attached. 

Best wishes,

Michael Perham 

There’s something very special about Marjon; it’s the friendly University, in which every student can be known personally and where the staff are dedicated to seeing every student discover and fulfil her or his potential. Students are at the heart of Marjon, and it will be really important for me to hear your views. I want to know what’s great about your experience of Marjon - the parts of your University that work really well and the unsung heroes who make your life and studies better and more successful. I also want to know your ideas on what you would like us to improve (I can’t promise free kebabs and stretch limos for every 21st birthday) and how best we can move the University forward together. I also want to explore how you can become our most influential ambassadors through social media to the next generation of Marjon students. I can’t wait to meet you, hear your enthusiasms, constructive criticisms and good ideas, and begin to work together with you and with all who work at the University for the growing success of Marjon.

Professor Rob Warner