Recently we have received some reports from staff/students regarding issues experienced when using the default internet browser on their computer not properly authenticating them on the Marjon Wi-Fi system (MarjonWiFi), this issue has been seen more commonly with the new windows 10 browser Microsoft Edge.
This issue presents itself as the following:
- User connects to MarjonWiFi.
- The log in page opens in the default browser and the user enters their details.
- The user clicks the Log In button.
- The user gets directed to a blank page, or a message stating “you are not connected to the internet” or something similar.
If this issue presents itself on your computer you can do the following to resolve:
- Connect to MarjonWifi as you usually would, and when the Log in page loads up, copy the entire web address from the bar at the top of the browser.
- Open up a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and then paste the address into the address bar of that browser and press enter on your keyboard.
- Enter log in details again and you should be directed to the Marjon website.
This is not an issue with the Wi-Fi system but is possibly due to changes made within certain browsers settings.