Community News

#WeAreMarjon

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 10 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Naomi Lang
#WeAreMarjon
by Naomi Lang - Friday, 11 November 2016, 12:32 PM

I am excited to launch a new PR initiative to celebrate the stories of Marjon people under a new project #WeAreMarjon

Using the hashtag #WeAreMarjon, we hope to tell the truly amazing and inspirational stories of our University community.

#WeAreMarjon will show the rich tapestry of life, from the minutia of a day-in-the-life, to the magnitude of our human existence! It aims to raise the profile of Marjon as a fantastic place full of brilliant people.

It will include students and staff, and even families of students’ stories. A  story might be about overcoming adversity, a weird and wonderful hobby, or an incredible success story. It could be bold and brave, interesting, inspiring, moving, shocking or sad.

It will launch in a few weeks on Facebook and each story will be accompanied by a great photo.

What does it involve?

1. A discrete chat with me lasting between 10-20 minutes which I’ll record an audio file of. (I’ll delete the recording – and it won’t be shared).
  2. I’ll write-up your words and  check you are happy to share the result.
  3. It will go public online as you join the #WeAreMarjon hall of fame!

If you would like to take part and share your story for the benefit of others, please do get in touch with me.

Thanks, Naomi (PR & Communications Officer) email nlang@marjon.ac.uk Phone 01752 636745