Marjon Community News Hub

The Hub: A quick how-to

Picture of Tony Atkin
The Hub: A quick how-to
by Tony Atkin - Wednesday, 16 May 2018, 11:49 AM

The Marjon Community News Hub is a news forum where any member of the community can post a news item about things happening here at Marjon.  Here's a quick summary about how to do things on the forum.

Where do I find The Hub?

It's here http://hub.marjon.ac.uk . You can also find a feed of recent news items from The Hub in the Marjon Mobile App and on the front page of LearningSpace.

How do I post a message (or reply) to The Hub

Go to http://hub.marjon.ac.uk and login using your Marjon username and password. The login link is in the top right corner of the page. When you have logged in you will see, at the top of the forum messages, a link entitled 'Add a new topic'.  When you have posted your message to the forum you will have 30 minutes to review, change or delete the message. To post a reply use the 'Discuss this topic' link at the bottom of the message which will open the message in it's own page, then use the 'Reply' link at the bottom of the message.

I would like to receive forum posts by email

Login to The Hub (as above) and click the link at the top of the forum called 'Subscribe to this forum'

I would like to stop receiving forum posts by email

Login to The Hub and click the link at the top of the forum called 'Unsubscribe from this forum'

I don't want to receive an email for every message, just one email a day with everything posted that day would be better.

Assuming you are already subscribed to the forum (see above), login to The Hub and click on your name at the top right of the page.  From the drop-down menu select 'Preferences'.  From the Preferences menu select 'Forum preferences'. Change the 'Email digest type' to either 'Complete' or 'Subjects' digest and 'Save changes'.

I'm subscribed to the forum but I want emails to go to a personal email address, not my University address.

Login to The Hub and click on your name at the top right of the page. From the drop-down menu select 'Preferences'. From the Preferences menu select 'Notification preferences'.  At the top of the list you will see the word 'Email' and a cog icon. Select this to get a box where you can type in a different email address to send messages to.

Somebody has posted a message on The Hub which I don't think should be there.

Let us know by Emailing lshelp@marjon.ac.uk or computingservices@marjon.ac.uk or call on extension 4333 or call in person to the 24 hour room helpdesk.  We can remove inappropriate content and if necessary report the perpetrator.