Community News

Derriford Hospital Weekend Team Apeal - Chaplaincy Team

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 10 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Faye Hatherley-Edwin
Derriford Hospital Weekend Team Apeal - Chaplaincy Team
by Faye Hatherley-Edwin - Monday, 17 October 2016, 3:20 PM

We are currently looking for new volunteers to join our weekend volunteer teams to enable patients to be transported to chapel on a Sunday morning. This involves a Saturday morning commitment, once every 6 weeks, of 2 hours to go round the wards and invite people, and then 2 hours Sunday mornings to facilitate the transport. It is possible to offer help for just Saturday or Sunday but we need sufficient volunteers on a Sunday to fulfil the Saturday requests. Volunteers need to be fit enough to carry out the task and it will involve a DBS clearance and 2 references.

If you are able to offer help, could you please contact either myself on the email or telephone number at the top of this letter, or my colleague Jan Collis on 01752 792313 or j.collis@nhs.net  Jan manages our volunteers and will be very glad to hear from you.

Thank you

Picture of Janet Doble
Re: Derriford Hospital Weekend Team Apeal - Chaplaincy Team
by Janet Doble - Monday, 17 October 2016, 8:51 PM

Hi I don't drive unfortunately though I would be more than happy to help on Saturdays Many Thanks