Community News

Calling all 3rd Years!

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 10 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Steven Gunard
Calling all 3rd Years!
by Steven Gunard - Monday, 17 October 2016, 10:22 AM

Going for Gold logo

Dissertation time is looming on the horizon and you may be feeling a bit unsure, or even nervous, about how to set about the work you have ahead. Well don’t worry, help is at hand! The Library and Academic Skills are rerunning the ‘Going for Gold’ programme that was so popular with last year’s third year students. As one student put it, “This is the first day I have not been scared of doing my dissertation!”

In addition to the sessions covering academic journal databases, effective Google searching, and dissertation formatting there’s a brand new one covering organising information (“I’ve found all this stuff, now what do I do with it?!”) and an online session introducing dissertation resources.

As with last year, not only are we offering you fantastically useful help but we are also giving away one set of free dissertation covers and binding to all third year students that complete just three sessions!

Sessions start this week and you can book and find full details on our Learning Space page: http://moodle.marjon.ac.uk/mod/folder/view.php?id=73702 . Space is limited on most sessions though, and it’s first come first served, so make sure you book your sessions early!

(NB to make a booking you need to be logged on to Learning space)