There are still some spaces available for the remaining 3 Dissertation Formatting sessions. THERE WILL BE NO MORE SESSIONS AFTER 28 MARCH 2018.
Click here to book for your session via Learning Space – remember you must be logged onto Learning Space in order to book.
When formatting your dissertation you should be able to:
- Be familiar with the layout of the dissertation and the order of headings on each page
- Use page breaks and section breaks to organise your pages
- Apply different formats of page numbering (normal numbers, Roman numerals, no page numbering) on the same document
- Create/apply/modify text styles for the body text, headings, subheadings and quotes; to ensure consistency and make navigation through a large document simpler
- Insert and update a table of contents
- Create the front cover
- Insert and format tables, pictures and graphs
- Insert captions for figures/graphs and then create a table of contents for figures/graphs
- Sort the reference list in alphabetical order
Can you do all of these? We only have 3 more Dissertation Formatting sessions! Don't leave it too late... Knowing all these skills will save you so much time and allow you to focus on the content of your dissertation.
I will be available for troubleshooting ONLY from the 9 April onwards; drop-in appointments can be booked via the booking system on the ITTS section on Learning Space. Please note you need to be logged on to book for the sessions and also click on the 'Enrol me' button (if booking for the first time).