The University has a variety of support for you (and your friends), including:
- Well-being Signposting service – times are Monday (11am – 12pm); Tuesday (9.30am – 10.30am); Wednesday (10am – 11am). To book an initial 15 minute appointment, just email email@example.com or call 01752 636891. This is a safe listening space and a place to get initial information about other support, both within the university and externally.
- The Chaplaincy Listening Post – you drop in any time, Monday to Friday and speak to Michelle or to make an appointment e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Counselling –there is a short waiting list and generally students are asked to make use of the above services in the first instance. However, if you have had counselling before and are sure this is the best way forward for you, please e-mail: email@example.com
- DIAS (Disability Information & Advice Service) – students with long term, diagnosed mental health conditions may be eligible for additional support (eg Specialist Mentor) through Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs). To find out more, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 636891.
- On-line – check out the full range of resources in the Student Handbook – including information on: anxiety, self-harm, eating disorders, Mindfulness techniques, people to talk to out of hours.