When formatting your dissertation you should know:
- The layout of the dissertation and the order of topics on each page
- How to use page breaks and section breaks to organise your pages
- How to apply different formats of page numbering (normal numbers, Roman numerals, no page numbering) on the same document
- How to create/apply/modify text styles for the body text, headings, subheadings and quotes; to ensure consistency and make navigation through a large document simpler
- How to insert and update a table of contents
- How to create the front cover
- How to insert and format tables, pictures and graphs
- How to insert captions for figures/graphs and then create a table of contents for figures/graphs
- How to sort the reference list in alphabetical order
Can you do all of these? We only have 8 more Dissertation Formatting sessions left! Don't leave it too late...
Click here to book for your session via Learning Space – remember you must be logged onto Learning Space in order to book.