Community News

PLEASE GIVE BLOOD

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 10 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Tracey Brenen
PLEASE GIVE BLOOD
by Tracey Brenen - Monday, 10 October 2016, 10:53 AM

Derriford Hospital Donor centre have a large amount of appointments they need to urgently fill tomorrow - Any help you could give would be very much appreciated. 

Please Give Blood ~ The Donor Centre in Derriford, opposite A & E have 30 appointments between 1325 and 1625 tomorrow (Tuesday 11th) and also 20 appointments on 25th October from 0830 - 1130.

We would encourage new donors to register before attending to save time by ringing the 0300 123 23 23 number where they can book an appointment at the same time.

Regular donors can either book over the same number or by using their app.

Me at the Grand Canyon NP
Re: PLEASE GIVE BLOOD
by Jade Dyer - Monday, 10 October 2016, 11:32 AM

As a recent previous donor, I'm no longer able to give blood but would encourage all students and staff who are able to, to do so. It literally takes 5 minutes, and the staff at the Derriford Donation centre are fantastic.

If you're nervous, please don't be! It's quick, easy and it's a great feeling to know that you've helped. Your donation could truly improve lives or even save someone's life!

Plus you get a cuppa and a biscuit afterwards, so why wouldn't you?

Picture of Lynda Tout
Re: PLEASE GIVE BLOOD
by Lynda Tout - Monday, 10 October 2016, 12:31 PM

Jade - I'm in the same boat after donating for many years but no longer able to, I would really encourage everyone to do so if they can!  The hospital is a short stroll away and the staff in this unit are lovely, the process is all very simple, and you'll have contributed to saving someone's life.

Lyn