Are you looking for a unique internship that will develop your skills and prepare you for a career in the communications profession?
● Lasting 6-12 weeks, the Government Communication Service (GCS) internship is aimed at students from diverse backgrounds at university level or completing a degree equivalent qualification....
● You will have the opportunity to work in a wide range of communications disciplines, delivering cutting edge work for government.
● You could find yourself working on national media campaigns; creating innovative content for social media; working in a busy media office; a major staff engagement programme or with Ministers and senior officials.
Duration: 6-12 weeks, with a possibility to extend depending on departments
● Salary: £350 per week ● Location: London-based, limited opportunities available for regional postings
● Recruitment process: Written application form with CV, and telephone interview
Am I eligible? Are you in your final 2 years at university, a recent graduate or have you completed a degree equivalent qualification in a communications related subject (NVQ level 6)?
Candidates must also be from one or more of the following backgrounds: • Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) • Socially or economically disadvantaged (based on parental occupation) • Care leaver • Registered as disabled
Visit https://gcs.civilservice.gov.uk/careers/internships/ for more details. The deadline for applications is 22nd February 2018.