Marjon Community News Hub

Want to be a Student Rep and 'Have Your Say' at Marjon?

Picture of Victoria Scoble
Want to be a Student Rep and 'Have Your Say' at Marjon?
by Victoria Scoble - Tuesday, 3 October 2017, 9:39 AM

At the start of each academic year Student Representatives are elected/volunteered from each course to represent their course mates at Staff Student Liaison Committees (SSLCs) and the Student Experience Council (SEC).

If you want to represent your course mates, make a real difference to the student experience by discussing and influencing important decisions and changes at the University, then the role of Student Rep may be the perfect one for you!

As well as being a great addition to your CV, attendance in SSLC and SEC meetings can go towards volunteering hours.

The attached leaflet contains more information about the role, the difference between SSLCs and SEC and how to raise issues for both. (Even if you do not want to be a Student Rep, making yourself aware of SSLCs/SEC will be extremely useful during your time as a student here.)

If you would like to be a Student Rep then please let your Programme Leader know by Friday 13th October 2017.

If you have any questions about the role or SSLCs/SEC please feel free to contact the SU as the President and Deputy President are Co-Vice Chairs of SEC ( & Alternatively you can contact the SEC Secretary who is based in Student Support (